Somebody please help me!! I’m not kidding, not exaggerating…I CAN NOT STOP EATING THESE! For some reason, because I made them, I don’t feel nearly as guilty as if I were eating the store bought kind. I can’t get over how good these peanut butter cups are. No bake, only 3 ingredients and little mini sizes that are only 100 calories each, so it’s a tiny little snack for your dessert cravings. At least, that’s what I told myself…then my husband and I ate the whole pan…The secret is the coconut oil mixed into the peanut butter, makes it extra creamy.
Ok, go make them now and let me know how much you love them so I can justify my addiction.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Makes 12 mini-muffin sized cups
2/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped baking chocolate
4 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tsp coconut oil, warmed
1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can create one with a heat proof bowl sitting on top of a saucepan of boiling water. Watch the chocolate closely, stirring occasionally to make sure it melts smoothly and doesn’t burn.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter and coconut oil until combined.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Spoon a tablespoon of chocolate into 1 of the muffin tin cups, spooning it mostly to one side, then add a spoonful of peanut butter to the other side of the cup. Continue this until all the cups have been filled.
4. Use a toothpick to swirl the chocolate and peanut butter together.
5. Place the muffin tin in the freezer and allow them to set for at least half an hour. When you are ready to each, run a knife around the edge of the cup to pop them out of the tin.
Original recipe from Cooking Light.
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups”
They look great!
Yummy! I want this!