Umm…spicy seafood heaven on a plate right here! The original recipe calls for regular spaghetti noodles but I’ve been substituting spaghetti squash for regular pasta noodles for a while now and I haven’t been disappointed yet. There is so much flavor in this dish without a lot of ingredients.
Spicy Lobster Spaghetti Squash
1 Spaghetti Squash
Fresh ground black pepper
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb. cherry & sun gold tomatoes, halved
1 lb. cooked lobster meat (can substitute cooked shrimp if you prefer)
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1. Preheat over to 375° F. Cut spaghetti squash in half, length wise, and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Rub cut side of squash with 1 Tbsp olive oil on each half and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
2. Once squash is done, remove from oven, and use a fork to scrap inside of squash into “noodles”
3. Heat remaining olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shallot and red pepper flakes, stirring often, until shallot is softened, about 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until tomatoes are soft and juicy, 6-7 minutes. Add lobster meat to skillet and toss to coat. Add noodles, season with salt & pepper to taste. Cook, tossing constantly until sauce thickens and coats noodles, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve topped with lemon zest
*Original recipe from Bon Appétit
One thought on “Spicy Lobster Spaghetti Squash”
ERIN, please make this for my birthday dinner…I have a list of more of my favorite things for you to make also 🙂