I LOVE BLT’s, I mean LOVE them! So when I saw this recipe for BLT Pizza on the cover of last months Cooking Light I had to try it out. And it was delicious! The key is the mayonnaise based white sauce rather than the usual red pizza sauce.
1 pound ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced chives
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
16 ozs fresh pizza dough
1 Tbsp cornmeal
2 ozs shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup arugula
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Arrange tomato slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are no longer wet. Remove tomatoes from oven and increase temperature to 500°F.
3. Combine mayonnaise, oil, chives and garlic in a small bowl.
4. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain on paper towels.
5. Using well-floured hands, pat pizza dough into a 10-inch circle. Place pizza dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Bake at 500°F for 5 minutes.
6. Carefully remove pizza crust from oven. Brush mayonnaise mixture over crust, leaving a 1-inch border; top with tomatoes and bacon. Top with cheese; coat crust edge with cooking spray. Bake 8 minutes or until cheese melts and crust browns. Top with arugula and cut into 8 slices.
One thought on “BLT Pizza”
Looks so tastyy!