The great thing about these little cuties is that you can easily turn this into a full size quiche for Sunday brunch by baking in a quiche dish rather than a muffin tin. I made them for weekday mornings last week so the smaller muffin size quiches worked a bit better for us.
Spinach Bacon Crust-less Mini Quiches
Makes 12 servings
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 slices thick cut bacon, sliced crosswise 1/4 in thick
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cups spinach
4 ozs shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add bacon and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add onion and cook 3 more minutes, until onion is tender. Add spinach and cook 2 more minutes, until spinach begins to wilt.
3. Drain most of the olive oil out of the spinach mixture, transfer to a bowl and allow mixture to cool for 3 minutes.
4. In separate mixing bowl, combine cheese, milk, salt, pepper and eggs and whisk together. Add spinach mixture to the egg mixture and whisk again.
5. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray and divide egg mixture evenly among cups.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cups are puffed at top. Serve immediately.
3 thoughts on “Spinach Bacon Crust-less Mini Quiches”
I love quiche!!!! <3
This sounds good