There are so many great things about today…
1) It is officially fall!
2) I was decorating for fall like a mad woman today; hay bales, pumpkins, mums, the whole nine yards
3) The season premier of Scandal is on RIGHT NOW and I am watching, Olivia Pope style, with a glass of red wine in my hand
4) These INSANELY delicious cookies 🙂
One thing though…how did I forget how amazing Nutella is?!?! I used to eat it all the time as a kid and somehow I stopped and forget that it was so delicious.
Glad that streak is over!
Nutella Stuffed Sugar Cookies
1 roll of Pillsbury pre-made sugar cookie dough
1 cup Nutella
1 cup granulated sugar
1. Line a large baking sheet (that will fit in your freezer) with parchment paper. Spoon out 1 tsp of Nutella and place it on the parchment paper. If possible, try to keep Nutella in ball or oval shapes. Place Nutella in freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes.
2. Unwrap sugar cookie dough and prepared a flat surface with sprinkled flour to keep dough from sticking. Slice dough into 24 even slices, approximately 1/4″ thick.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line another baking sheet with parchment paper and begin to assemble the cookies.
4. Take 1 slice of dough, flatten it like a pancake. Repeat this step with another slice of dough. Place a ball of frozen Nutella on the top of the first cookie patty, then place the second sugar cookie patty on top of the Nutella. Gently pinch the two dough pieces together around the sides so the cookie is sealed. Loosely roll the cookie between your palms, forming a ball, then roll the cookie in the sugar. Place finished cookie on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat this step with the rest of the dough and Nutella, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies for 11 minutes, or until the edges and bottoms of the sugar cookies begin to turn golden brown. Cookies may be puffy, that is ok, they will deflate as they cool.
6. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4 thoughts on “Nutella Stuffed Sugar Cookies”
What! Nutella and sugar cookies combined! Looks delicious
These look amazing — love Nutella, and I’ve been known to watch scandal Olivia Pope style…it’s the only way to do it!
Oh YUM! We will have to try this!
Absolutely adore Nutella. These cookies look incredible!